America’s Top PA and NP Awards, hosted by POCN, recognize their growing prescribing power and potential in influencer marketing campaigns
PARSIPPANY, N.J. – Nov. 9, 2020 – Over the last decade, PAs and NPs have seen an increase in responsibility and authority within the healthcare industry, accounting for 49 (PA) and 50 (NP) percent of all prescriptions written annually. The pandemic significantly shifted their roles once again, uprooting many from their regular practices to serve in areas hit worst by the virus and requiring increasing responsibility, sacrifice and risk.
POCN, the largest and most trusted network of NPs and PAs, closely follows prescribing data and tracks inferred specialty—amongst other information important to pharmaceutical and life sciences companies— to attribute and prove the shift in decisionmaking power to these practitioners. Due to so much pressure on the system from the pandemic, state-led legislation has been suspending and waiving laws that limit PA capabilities. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the PA profession is projected to grow 31 percent by 2029, and the NP profession by 45 percent, much faster than average.
America’s Top PA and NP Awards 2020, hosted by POCN, honors these healthcare heroes who have been nominated by their peers for significantly impacting their field during one of its most challenging seasons. This list serves as a free and powerful marketing strategy tool for industry marketers seeking more information on leveraging these influencers throughout various campaigns.
“We work closely with this industry to help them better understand this oftenunderestimated and underleveraged provider, and this list of influential providers is just one resource we provide annually, said Richard Zwickel, Founder and CEO of POCN.”Though the statistics on their growing influence speak for themselves, attributing and tracking are still major challenges for marketing campaigns. We provide marketing teams the data needed to prove ROI on spend with this audience. As a result, we’ve seen a rise in influencer marketing tactics related to NPs and PAs, similar to how pharma has leveraged patient influencers more in the last couple of years.”
2020 America’s Top PA and NP Influencer List
PAs and NPs around the country nominate a fellow practitioner who demonstrates excellence in patient care, professional and practice development, and community outreach and involvement.
- Amy Butts, PA-C, MPAS, CDCES, BC-A, Endocrinology
- Jennifer Carlquist, PA-C, CAQ ER Medicine, Cardiology
- Cynthia Griffith, MPAS, PA-C, Dermatology
- Lianne Hahn, MSPAS, PA-C, Aesthetic Medicine
- Terri Long, PA-C, Urology
- Benito Lopez, BC-ADM, MPAS, PA-C, Family Medicine/Diabetologist
- Luis Lozano, PA-C, Neurology
- Sarah Patel, DScPAS, PA-C, MBA, Gastroenterology
- Sarah Schettle, PA-C, MS, MBA, Cardiovascular Surgery
- Anna Verde-LiBassi, PA-C, MPAS, Internal Medicine
- Kathleen Arnold, ANP, BC-ADM, FAANP, Endocrinology
- Cassandra Jorge Duren, FNP-BC, MSN-NE, BSN, RNIII, CNOR, Cer.A.T., CPT, Family
- Annika Ehrlich, MS, FNP-C, AQH, CNRN, Neurology
- Teresa Fogaren, MSN, AGPCNP-C, OCN, Hematology/Oncology
- Tavell Kindall, PhD, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, AACRN, AAHIVS, Family Medicine/HIV
- Karen Myrick, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, ONP-C, FAAN, Orthopedic and Sports
- Katherine O’Boyle, MSN, RN, CBN, APRN-CNP, Comprehensive Obesity
- Nycole Oliver, DNP, APRN, RN, FNP-C, ACNPC-AG, CEN, FAEN, Family Practice/Acute
- Roma Tremblay, DNP, MSN, ARNP-BC, WOCN, CHRN, Wound Care & Hyperbaric
- Andrew Wai-Ho Wong, MS, RN, AGACNP-BC, CEN, CPEN, CCRN-K, Critical Care
“I’m very appreciative of POCN for including me, and my fellow PA colleagues, on the America’s Top list this year. As a healthcare professional, it’s a tremendous honor to be recognized for the hard work we put into patient care and healthcare education on a daily basis, especially amidst the challenges of 2020,” said Sarah Schettle, PA-C, MBA,Cardiovascular Surgery.
“I’m honored to be included as an America’s Top PA by POCN this year and appreciate all that the organization does to help PAs develop professionally and connect with colleagues.This year has proven challenging in many ways within healthcare, and this recognition does not go unnoticed,” said Luis Lozano, PA-C, Neurology.
“This recognition from POCN and my NP peers means so much to me, and I continue to celebrate all that my fellow frontline healthcare professionals have been able to achieve together this year as a united front,” said Andrew Wai-Ho Wong, MS, RN, AGACNP-BC, CEN, CPEN, CCRN-K, Critical Care Medicine.
“Our top priority this year has been to provide optimal care for our patients while also keeping them safe. I am honored to be included in this year’s list of America’s Top NPs from POCN and appreciate my NP colleagues for their kind nominations,” said Cassandra Jorge Duren, FNP-BC, MSN-NE, BSN, RNIII, CNOR, Cer.A.T., CPT, Family Practice/Primary Care.
Winners will receive:
- Free membership to AAPA or AANP for 2021
- Award plaque
- Professional exposure via POCN’s website, POCN+, the first educational streaming
service dedicated to PAs and NPs, and social media initiatives
To learn more about POCN and influencers in the NP and PA space, please visit www.americastopnp.com.
POCN is the largest and most informed network of NPs and PAs, trusted by providers, pharma and life sciences companies to create opportunities between those who treat and those who develop treatments. Pharma and life sciences companies work with POCN to access and influence this untapped prescriber, leveraging data digital marketing solutions to identify, reach and engage these important clinicians. An industry first, POCN’s patentpending solutions are built on its proprietary database of granular, real-time clinical behaviors and insights on provider-specific reach and impact to inform precise engagements with trackable metrics. For more information, visit www.POCN.com.